Technical Adoption Manager, Multi-Cloud | Northwest (WA, OR, CA) - Opportunity for Working Remotely
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
TECHNICAL ADOPTION MANAGER | Northwest
The Elevator Pitch: Why will you enjoy this new opportunity?
- Are you passionate about learning and leveraging VMware’s core products to help Fortune 100 customers succeed in creating an effective Multi-Cloud, or EUC, or N&S Operating Model/Deployment?
- Do you already possess strong business acumen and technical skills and could come up to speed quickly on VMware’s latest solutions?
- Does helping organizations achieve their business objectives through the usage of technology inspire you?
If it does, we have the perfect job opportunity for you! As a Technical Adoption Manager (TAM), you will serve as a trusted advisor, driving a cross-functional, unified customer experience using your technical, communication, and collaboration skills to help our customers achieve their full potential through the adoption of VMware's technology.
Upon joining our Customer Success Technical Adoption Management team, you will have the opportunity to bring your authentic self to work and use your skills to make an impact and drive change for our customers, products, and company. You will play a critical role in guiding enterprise customers by enabling them to rapidly and successfully onboard, adopt and realize business value through success planning /execution, and technical guidance across the entire customer journey.
In the TAM role, no day is the same, and you will never be bored! You will interact daily with your assigned customers and will be able to make a real impact on their success as a business. TAMs find nothing more satisfying than being challenged and being able to turn challenges into positive outcomes. You will be able to manage your schedule and priorities to help our customers achieve their goals and, at the same time, maintain a great work/life balance.
You will also be able to create a long-term relationship with your assigned customers while developing an understanding of the customer’s technical goals as they align with their business goals and the overall impact of VMware’s solutions on business results.
Success in the Role: What are the performance outcomes over the first 6-12 months you will work toward completing?
During the first year, you will onboard into the TAM role and then work with your assigned customers.
- Within one month: articulate customer key business objectives and desired outcomes and begin crafting a joint Success Plan with the customer
- Through the customer engagement, you will serve as a trusted advisor, and ensure best-in-class execution and recommend improvements in customer's operations that add value, and proactively drive consumption, customer health, retention:
- Articulated their long-term and short-term goals and how they connect to the bigger picture of their business — identifying the gaps that need to be resolved and working on a structured engagement plan with the customer.
- Completed relevant technology assessments, roadmap reviews, deployment guidance, best practices reviews, and day 2 operations guidance
- Identified customer use cases and opportunities for prescribing Adoption Guidance and Workshops to further adoption and consumption
- Presented your achievements and customer progress in regularly though Quarterly Business Review
- You will feel at home communicating key topics of VMware’s solutions across all customer levels to drive realized value and long-term strategy
- In addition, you will continue to grow, and enhance your technical knowledge (VMW / Industry offerings), and soft-skills through VMware’s structured quarterly training programs
The Work: What type of work will you be doing? What requirements, skills, or assignments will you be performing on a regular basis?
As part of the Customer Success Technical Adoption Manager team, you will be working for a long-term period with a number of assigned customers. The activities performed are all aligned with a single purpose: to help our customers achieve their desired outcomes rapidly while using VMware technology.
- You will collaborate with the broader VMware team as you perform the following:Must have VMware Certified Professional Certification VCP-2021 or greater certification (or be able to get it within 90 days)
- You will need experience working across multiple data centers spanning multiple countries.
- Ability to work with vendors spanning multiple IT services and technologies.
- Use your tenured expertise with VMware’s Multi-cloud, End-user Computing or Networking and Security products (Infrastructure SDDC (vSphere, VCF) or Cloud Environment (Cloud services, VMC/AWS, vCloud director) or Network Virtualization (NSX) or Automation/Monitoring (vRealize Suite, vRealize Operations Manager, vRealize Automation) or Desktop EUC (Horizon Suite), or Mobility (Workspace ONE)
- Leverage your proven work experience in customer-facing positions (e.g. TAM, Solution Engineer, or technology consultant, IT vendor, professional services organization, or part of IT team)
- Draw on your experiences with enterprise-level virtualization and ability to map additional VMware solutions to the customer’s unique business and technical requirements
- Utilize a TAM playbook, delivery kits, and tools, which you will use to help guide your customer through the following activities:
- Create a Success Plan with objectives/tasks aligned to customer requirements / business objectives
- Deliver technology roadmaps & assessments that provide desired-state and outcome-focused plans
- Provide Solution Guidance & best practices review to identify performance optimization opportunities
- Optimize Operations to confirm activities are aligned with stated technology goals & priorities
- Provide Industry insights and benchmarking to realize cost savings and reduce operational risk
- Present and communicate effectively and build relationships with CxO level personnel
- Collaborate with multi-functional VMware project teams which could consist of VMware consultants, engineers, product management and support staff
- You will use your organizational and planning skills to keep track of your customer's plans, adjusting as needed and driving them to completion.
- You will help VMware to create ‘customers for life’ by collaborating with our Customer Success, Global Support, Education, Professional Services, Development, and Sales teams- all to make sure that we drive outcome-focused value to our customers.
- You will also contribute back to the internal global TAM community of like-minded experts, sharing the experiences that you gain by working with your customers(s), while also learning from your peers.
What is the leadership like for this role? What is the structure and culture of the team like?
The CS TAM team is focused on driving strategic customer outcomes, not just activity, while enabling our customers to derive maximum value from their VMware solutions. We are critical to the success of VMware and celebrate our role in the future of the company. We strive to have a diverse, but unified team, one which is entirely focused on our customers and their success. We do the right thing for the customer so when our customers achieve their outcomes, we are successful too. We are an open team who shares best practices, and everyone wants their colleagues to succeed and develop meaningful careers and networks within VMware and the industry. We support each other and want to give back to each other and our communities so we welcome innovation and creativity at all levels to be meaningful contributors to our countries and societies.
When you join the US Global CS Team you become a critical component in the Customer Success organization. These are the top accounts at VMware and require your best. You will be supported throughput the journey by the leadership team, team leads, and peers. While you are a main focal point, you are not alone in the support you have around you.
Where is this role located?
Remote: This role is a home-based office position in/near northwest USA (WA, OR, CA) with preference for proximity to Seattle, WA. Candidate must be able to travel up to 30% regionally (NOTE: Most travel will be local from your home office to clients within the nearby region, and there will likely be a few out of state client visits and/or 3-4 conferences or training that require travel throughout the year)
What are the benefits and perks of working at VMware?
You and your loved ones will be supported with a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Below are some highlights, or you can view the complete benefits package by visiting www.benefits.vmware.com.
- Medical Coverage, Retirement, and Parental Leave Plans for All Family Types
- Generous Time Off Programs
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 40 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Rethink's Neurodiversity program to support parents raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities
- Financial contributions to your ongoing development (conference participation, trainings, course work, etc.)
- Wellness reimbursement and online fitness and wellbeing classes
For US based candidates, the annual pay range (OTE for commissioned roles; Salary for other roles) for this position is: $79,000 - $177,000. The actual offer will be based on the role, location, and individual candidate experience. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. VMware offers comprehensive benefits including, but not limited to: medical, dental, and vision plans, company paid holidays, paid sick leave, and vacation time. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/. Your talent advisor can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Services and Consulting
Subcategory: Technical Account Management
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2023-07-28
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.