Cloud Security Engineer, Specialist
About the job
Global Risk and Security (GR&S) at Vanguard enables business strategy, protects client and Vanguard interests (e.g., assets and data), and stewards a strong risk culture. Our teams leverage enterprise-wide insights, deep expertise, and trusted advice so that across Vanguard leaders and crew drive faster, stronger, risk-informed decisions.
Within GR&S, the Enterprise Security and Fraud (ES&F) sub-division is responsible for the global protection of Vanguard crew, property, data, and client assets. We are the trusted advisors that protect the pride of Vanguard with state-of-the-art security and fraud capabilities. We are a world-class destination of highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse talent expected to continuously learn and develop in an ever-changing security landscape.
In this role, you will:
- Ensure the viability of IT deliverables. Conducts integration into SaaS solutions, configures & tests CIAM capabilities.
- Elevate code into the development, test, and production environments on schedule. Provide follow up production support. Submit change control requests and documents.
- Provide subject matter expertise in software development methodology and development architecture standards. Mentor and train staff with less experience. Resolves elevated issues and recommends enterprise-wide improvements.
- Participate in design, code, and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients. Performs systems analysis activities.
- Thoroughly understand client business functions and technology needs. Have a broad and deep understanding of Vanguard's technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems. Is well versed on the latest technologies and tools supporting software development in the industry.
- Interface with cross functional team members and communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with Information Technology and Information Security policies and procedures and verifies that deliverables meet requirements.
What It Takes
- 5+ years of experience implementing CIAM platforms.
- Extensive Experience with Auth0 at a large scale.
- Extensive experience supporting SSO, SAML, Federation, MFA
- Strong experience with either Python, node.js highly desirable.
- Good understanding of AWS Lambda, Dynamo DB, ECS
- Experience with Docker containers
- Experience with one or more of the following platforms: API Gateways, Opa, Envoy
- Experience enabling security for n-tier web applications, REST APIs.
- Knowledge of DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) best practices.
- Good Understanding of Monitoring Systems such as Splunk, Honeycomb, Thousand eyes
- Excellent Communications skills.
Specialization that will make an impact:
- CIAM, SaaS products, SSO, SAML, Federation Identity Management, MFA
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
How We Work
Vanguard has implemented a hybrid working model for the majority of our crew members, designed to capture the benefits of enhanced flexibility while enabling in-person learning, collaboration, and connection. We believe our mission-driven and highly collaborative culture is a critical enabler to support long-term client outcomes and enrich the employee experience.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.