Systems Engineer - Channel
Systems Engineer - Channel
Hungry, Humble, Honest, with Heart!
Do you love discovering customers’ business challenges and crafting unique solutions for
them? Are you ready for an opportunity to transform the way companies work? If you have a passion for Enterprise Cloud Technology and a knack for helping customers understand them; we want to talk to you!
Nutanix (NTNX) is looking for a driven and passionate Systems Engineer - Channel (SE)
which is a technical field pre-sales/ enablement position that serves as the lead advocate for our Partner Presales Systems Engineers & Solution Architects. You will be responsible for driving channel technical enablement initiatives and creating content to ensure our partners are able to perform all the functions that a Nutanix Systems Engineer does, including product demonstrations and executing Proofs of Concept (POC). You will be tasked with creating and delivering compelling sales and technical training, building trust as a resource both internally and externally, all while identifying and driving initiatives to strengthen our partners’ offerings and ensure continual growth.
Systems Engineering at Nutanix
Our Systems Engineering & Solution Sales organization is made up of 800+ customer-focused technical sales professionals who are responsible for identifying and matching technology opportunities with the customer’s business issues and objectives, as well as channel partner training and enablement. This team also acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in their field by the Nutanix sales, customer success, business partners, and customers.
- Be a crucial member of the Channel SE team helping Nutanix partners be successful with Nutanix portfolio and solutions;
- Collaborate with partners to identify prospective customers and/or product capability assessment and validation as it applies to the technical sales process;
- Collaborate with the marketing and events team to create any partner-facing documents for go-to-market solutions
- Partner with channel sales and field marketing to plan, deliver and manage effective demand generation campaigns with partners.
- Participate in technical events together with partners - conferences, meet-ups, blogs, and more
- Navigate & build long-term relationships with channel partners and be seen and treated as a trusted & valued resource
- Size and configure Nutanix solutions according to customer’s unique needs
- Partner with the sales team to assist in drafting proposals; recommend and design customer solutions
- Provide enablement & training resources to equip them to drive sales independently.
- Support partners who progress deals autonomously by reviewing Bill of Materials (BOMs), helping the partner prepare for presentations, and advising on solutions
- Work with the Nutanix Regional SE Manager to drive field pre- and post-sales alignment and engagement with partners.
- Invest time and effort to learn new technologies to help our partners adapt their solutions and integrate your knowledge into their efforts
- Advanced virtualization knowledge and / or enterprise application expertise
What You’ll Bring
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a customer-facing technical role
- Bachelor’s Degree, and working knowledge of Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity working with Channel partners and having good knowledge of a channel-centric market approach
- Demonstrated ability to develop and use engaging, informative, and compelling presentation methodologies and drive overall channel technical enablement plan for the region
- Ability to motivate, train and conduct seminars within partners to exceed revenue targets
- Ability to be an excellent partner with technical resources at all levels of a partner organization.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to communicate professionally with partners, customers, and internal cross-functional teams including Sales, Marketing, and Engineering
- A structured thinker with excellent presentation and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, with excellent time management & organizational skills
- A desire to learn and be challenged, and continuously strive for excellence
Meet the Team
Hiring Manager - Tommy Burke
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $159,200 and $238,800 /year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.