Manager Data Architecture
This is your chance to be a part of an in-house Technology team that’s creating consumer-facing, cutting-edge technologies revolutionizing the hospitality industry around the world! As a Manager Data Architecture, you will bring your technical skills to a hospitality company with an award-winning culture. On the Data Architecture team reporting to the Director of Data Architecture, you will support projects including those aligned within a particular Business Domain.
How We Will Support You
Hilton is proud to support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to programs and benefits such as:
- Go Hilton travel program: 100 nights of discounted travel with room rates as low as $40/night
- Hilton Shares: Our employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount
- Paid parental leave for eligible Team Members, including partners and adoptive parents
- Mental health resources including free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Learn more about the rest of our benefits
At Hilton, we believe every Team Member is a leader. We are committed to offering leadership development opportunities through every step of a Team Member’s career journey and at every level, both in our hotels and across corporate. Hilton’s leadership development framework focuses on developing skills and business insight through a range of programs and approaches to meet varying learning needs and preferences.
- Available benefits may vary depending upon terms and conditions of employment and are subject to the terms and conditions of the plans.
How You Will Make An Impact
Your role is important and below are some of the fundamental job duties that make your work unique.
What Your Day-to-day Will Be Like
- Capture requirements for new business projects and help craft requirements where there are gaps
- Ensure the broader program architecture across enterprise systems adheres to standard methodologies and established patterns and influence where needed
- Understand the impacts of a new project to existing systems/work in the data ecosystem
- Coordinate the necessary work, identify what data is needed, and design high-level solutions
- Unwind the nuance of our data and the existing technical landscape (both across the enterprise and in legacy data artifacts) to understand implications for new project architectures and analytical reporting
- Develop a project plan for the work, considering broader priorities, resource constraints, and estimates from implementation teams
- Socialize and gain alignment on the information and artifacts with broader data leadership
- Keep a pulse on projects during the implementation phase and surface status and risks/issues to program leadership
How You Will Collaborate With Others
- Work with internal partners such as Business, Product, Technology, and Analytics to progress prioritized enterprise programs and advocate for data-first mentality further upstream in the lifecycle
- Provide support to our internal data teams by driving clearly defined work, proactively getting ahead of risks and issues, aligning across the broader data organization, and keeping lines of communication open
What Projects You Will Take Ownership Of
- Working within the scope of a Business Domain, understand and shape high-level requirements for new business projects for the Hilton Data organization and build high-level solutions inclusive of data design and technical patterns to deliver on these projects
WHY YOU’LL BE A GREAT FIT
You Have These Minimum Qualifications
- Five (5) years of professional experience within Technology or a related field
- Four (4) years of specialized experience in Data
- Four (4) years of experience in Architecture
- Four (4) years of experience managing projects
- Knowledge of and experience with Cloud, hybrid environments, and data platforms
- Travel up to 15% (if applicable)
It Would Be Useful If You Have
- Seven (7) + years of professional experience within Technology or a related field
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) experience
- Travel/Hospitality industry experience
What It Is Like Working For Hilton
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more-than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
It is the policy of Hilton to employ qualified persons without regard to color, race, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medication conditions), gender identity or gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, status as a protected veteran, disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable law, genetic information, or any other protected group status as defined by and subject to applicable federal, state and local laws. Hilton’s commitment to equal employment opportunity supports the attraction and retention of a diverse workforce that will enhance our effectiveness in attracting Team Members, customers, corporate partners, and owners.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position and provide other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us if you require an accommodation during the application process.
Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including medical and prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, vision coverage, life insurance, short-and long-term disability insurance, access to our employee stock purchase plan (ESPP) where you can purchase Hilton shares at a 15 percent discount, a 401(k) savings plan, 20 days of paid time off accruing over your first year of employment and increasing up to 25 days after completing one year of full employment, up to 12 weeks of paid leave for birth parents and 4 weeks for non-birth parents, 10 paid holidays and 2 floating holidays throughout the year, up to 5 bereavement days, flexible spending accounts, a health savings account, an employee assistance program, access to a care coordination program (“Wellthy”), a legal services program, an educational assistance program, adoption assistance, a backup childcare program, pre-tax commuter benefit and our travel discount. The annual salary range for this role is $110,000-$155,000 and is determined based on applicable and specialized experience and location. Subject to plan terms and conditions, you will be eligible to participate in the Hilton Annual Incentive (Bonus) Plan, consistent with other team members at the same level and/or position within the Company.
Hilton - Systems Solutions - McLean
Enterprise Architecture and Data