Technical Program Manager - Cloud FinOps
Peloton is seeking a Technical Program Manager - Cloud FinOps, a TPM who has hands-on Engineering experience to manage cloud costs and enhance financial efficiency within our platforms. This role will work closely with software engineering teams and liaison with platform engineering teams, cloud governance, product management, and design operations to execute against our cost optimization roadmap.
You will be primarily responsible for planning and executing strategies to identify and reduce costs within Client and Backend applications, collaborating with multiple teams to align with specified cost-saving targets. Working closely with Engineering leads to managing the cost optimization backlog, creating larger programs as needed to address any widespread issues, manage schedules, identify and track risks, driving teams towards results, and communicating to project stakeholders.
The right candidate is a self-starter with a willingness to wear multiple hats and go beyond their own role. You will drive the team over the goal line by balancing existing experience, strategic thinking, and decisiveness. You align people to goals and make sure they feel that they are key to the success of the program.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Analyze and diligently optimize cloud costs, implementing measures that align with the organization's financial objectives and promote responsible resource allocation.
- Manage infrastructure changes meticulously to guarantee optimal system performance, thereby supporting overall business efficiency and robust functionality.
- Foster cross-team collaboration, creating a cohesive work environment that encourages unified strategies, enhances communication, and aligns with broader business goals.
- Administer Kubernetes clusters with precision, ensuring reliable and efficient system operations that directly contribute to the consistency and scalability of business services.
- Supervise the management of storage and data transfers, emphasizing efficiency, and availability, all of which are crucial for seamless business operations.
- Leverage advanced analytics to derive actionable insights on cloud expenditure, enabling informed decision-making and strategic planning that aligns with business cost-efficiency goals.
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in cloud cost management, platform engineering, or related fields
- Proficiency with Python/Go, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, and other relevant cloud and infrastructure technologies
- Experience in utilizing tools and practices to monitor and analyze cloud costs, identifying opportunities for optimization and efficiency
- Staying up-to-date on current cloud cost trends, technologies, and mitigation strategies, with a focus on hands-on implementation
- Proven ability to design and implement innovative solutions that enhance financial control and efficiency within the cloud, with hands-on experience in agile planning
- Hands-on experience in managing major cost-saving projects from inception through to post-implementation reviews, including direct involvement in technical tasks
- Practical experience using tools like JIRA, Confluence, and Terraform to manage configurations, collaborate with teams, and oversee the entire lifecycle of infrastructure changes
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Base Salary Range
Peloton provides Members with expert instruction, world-class content and the fitness industry's leading music library to create impactful and entertaining workout experiences for anyone, anywhere and at any stage in their fitness journey. At home, outdoors, traveling, or at the gym, Peloton offers an immersive and personalized experience [with or without equipment]. Access Peloton content via the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, Guide, Row or the Peloton App, now with multiple membership tiers. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a highly engaged community of nearly 7 million Members across the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.