Public Cloud - Lead Software Engineer
Be part of a team creating a software defined network of the future for JPMC!
In the Cloud Platform Services networking team, our goal is to help accelerate the adoption of the public cloud for technologists across JPMC by building software that will simplify connectivity provisioning while moving towards a more secure micro segmentation strategy.
As a Lead Software Engineer in Public Cloud Enablement and Adoption Division at JPMorgan Chase, you are an integral part of Enterprise Technology team that works to enhance, build, and deliver trusted market-leading technology products in a secure, stable, and scalable way. As a core technical contributor, you are responsible for conducting critical technology solutions across multiple technical areas within various business functions in support of the firm's business objectives.
- Executes creative software solutions, design, development, and technical troubleshooting with ability to think beyond routine or conventional approaches to build solutions or break down technical problems
- Develops secure and high-quality production code, and reviews and debugs code written by others
- Identifies opportunities to eliminate or automate remediation of recurring issues to improve overall operational stability of software applications and systems
- Leads evaluation sessions with external vendors, startups, and internal teams to drive outcomes-oriented probing of architectural designs, technical credentials, and applicability for use within existing systems and information architecture
- Leads communities of practice across Software Engineering to drive awareness and use of new and leading-edge technologies
- Adds to team culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 5+ years applied experience (can we change to 8+ years)
- Hands-on practical experience delivering system design, application development, testing, and operational stability
- Advanced experience with Java and/or Golang
- Proficiency in automation and continuous delivery methods
- Proficient in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Advanced understanding of agile methodologies such as CI/CD, Applicant Resiliency, and Security
- Hands on AWS experience
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications, Capabilities, And Skills
- Experience with databases either SQL/Stored Procedures on DB2 or Oracle, or NO SQL DB like Cassandra or MongoDB
- Experience with scripting and working in a Linux/UNIX environment
- Should be highly organized, detail-oriented, hands-on, motivated self-starter who can work independently
- Strategic thinking and passion for business strategy and business processes
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Jersey City,NJ $147,250.00 - $215,000.00 / year