Systems Architect - Cloud
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Systems Architect (Sr. Consultant) is responsible to design and implement small and medium sized projects within public cloud environments. You are expected to have depth of knowledge in specified technological areas, which includes knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, products and frameworks. You would be responsible for defining and documenting architecture, capturing and documenting non-functional (architectural) requirements, preparing estimates and defining technical solutions to proposals (RFPs). You will provide guidance to project teams to perform end to end design to deployment related activities, perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues.
The successful candidate will work with Operations and Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and Product Development teams to define Hybrid cloud solutions that will enable the use of Hybrid cloud infrastructure to meet the challenges of technology, regulatory, security, and competitive conditions. The Systems Architect is a technologist with demonstrated experience and interest in public cloud, hybrid cloud, workload migration from private to public cloud, cloud native design and application transformation/modernization. The candidate should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge. This position reports to the Sr. Director – Solution and System Architecture.
- Collaborate with Principal Cloud Architects to assist in driving our public cloud strategy and standards
- Responsible for intake and solutioning phase of new Cloud workloads
- Architect, design, and deliver innovative solutions deployed in public cloud
- Develop standard automation templates for deployment of public cloud infrastructure and platform components
- Use cloud-native approach to build greenfield solutions based on business goals, objectives, and requirements, while understanding integration with legacy solutions
- Design security into all projects and processes for design, implementation, and operational stages
- Design solutions that are scalable, repeatable, and highly available while efficient
- Define and document standard designs and processes and maintain documentation across all updates or changes
- Provide knowledge transfer to engineering and operations staff on architecture, design, and delivery of public cloud solutions
- Actively participate in communities/forums/guilds on Cloud computing
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD, OR 11+ years of relevant work experience.
- 2 years of proven experience with GCP including design and implementation of enterprise level solutions
- Experience in cloud architecture, engineering, or development including hands on professional experience in public cloud infrastructure frameworks and solutions for large enterprise networks.
- Excellent understanding of public cloud network, compute, storage, management and governance services preferably in GCP
- Understanding of public cloud database, IAM (Identity and Access Management), Data security, infrastructure security services preferably in GCP
- Demonstrated experience with open-source infrastructure as code software and automation software development tools (e.g., Terraform, Terragrunt, env0, Ansible, Python, Chef, Puppet Salt)
- 8 or more years of meaningful work experience with a bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science or at least 6 years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- 5+ years of experience in multiple public cloud providers including GCP, AWS, Azure, Oracle
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with enterprise level x86 virtualization technologies in a production environment (e.g. VMware, Hyper-V, KVM/RHV)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with container technologies in a production environment (e.g. Docker, OpenShift, Kubernetes) and related ecosystem products
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding teamwork and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Advanced certifications a plus
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 121,000.00 to 157,300.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.