MarTech Solution Architect
Discover the possibilities of our progressive, omnichannel approach to beauty retail. At Ulta Beauty, our E-commerce associates sit at the cutting edge of our efforts to reimagine the future of retail. Through a full suite of new and emerging technologies, this team is creating an enhanced buying experience for guests who crave simplicity, choice, personal insights and the joy of discovery. With greater interactivity. Inspired applications of big data, AI and UI/UX. And creative that persuades and delights. All of this, with the opportunity to experience smart ideas come to life.
At Ulta Beauty, we’re forever imagining. Forever striving. Forever investing in next-gen—with deep and rich opportunities for ongoing learning, growth and advancement. We encourage you to take control of your career and set your own ceiling. For curious and big-picture thinkers who can flex to the need and who want to stretch themselves through courage and conviction, Ulta Beauty provides an environment perfectly suited to your ambitions. Let’s build brilliant together.
THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The MarTech Solution Architect is a highly skilled technical resource who is an innovative thinker and is able to envision how technology can be leveraged to solve complex business problems and will build and deliver large scale digital marketing transformations. This role will define the strategy, roadmap and implementation of the omni channel marketing and technology platform stack, working closely with stakeholders in marketing and IT.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL THESE GOALS BY:
- Build capabilities to enable digital marketing initiatives across channels (e.g. web, mobile, email, search, display, social) and drive enablers such as reporting, analytics, personalization, decisioning, testing, etc.
- Define and maintain marketing technology reference architecture and technical roadmap in alignment with our product and marketing strategy and IT enterprise architecture
- Work with platform and data specific architects to design complex cross-channel solutions that involve the integration of various Marketing Technology platforms
- Lead technology conversations with senior leaders to present innovative tech strategies including new technology adoption, upgrades of existing technology tools to improve overall operational efficiencies and customer satisfaction
- Conduct market research on latest trends, educating teams and researching new vendors to expand capabilities across marketing technology
- Act as the primary liaison with IT teams and external marketing technology providers
- Conduct assessments of current capabilities and performance, play a significant role in problem solving through the findings and insights from diagnostics and assessments
- Provide solutions for digital experience initiatives through emerging technologies. This will involve working with application/development teams and vendors to define solutions in content management/delivery, web analytics, search engine, digital asses management, digital events and social media integration
- Develop new frameworks, approaches and techniques in addition to building on existing ones
- Provide technical leadership for large-scale development and integration programs, build new architecture solutions, provide support for our ongoing digital marketing programs and play a vital role in architecting global customer-facing Marketing technology
- Work closely with internal marketing team and their external agencies on an ongoing basis to ensure that capabilities are available in step with their requirements
- Develop long-term, strategic relationships with senior stakeholders, maintain a strong understanding of industry and business and act as a subject matter expert on technology.
- Bridge business & technical requirements to provide a cohesive, seamless solution to scale and perform
- Develop a viable, scalable, and integrated technology blueprint across all areas of marketing technology with feasible technology choices that meet the requirements and fit in with existing technology
- Wear multiple technology hats across systems integration, technology consulting, and technology solution design and architecture
- Lead large-scale technology implementations including understanding of scoping, estimation, and managing timeline/budget
ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, STEM or marketing field
- 7+ years of overall experience in information technology including 4+ years in an architect role designing technology architectures, workflows, data flows, integration specifications, best practices and governance guidelines
- 6+ years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and developing complex, high-quality enterprise solutions across on prem, hybrid and cloud-based architectures
- Hands on experience in architecture and design of marketing, advertising and data platforms, e.g. Adobe, Salesforce, Google, Oracle, etc.
- Proven track record of delivering scalable, resource intensive, integrated and operational data and analytical solutions
- Ability to phase delivery of solutions to meet immediate needs, while building towards the long-term strategic solution
- In-depth knowledge of real-time application integration, Data Solutions and CDP
- Understanding of concepts and best practices within database architecture, navigating both structured and unstructured data, data processing and customer identity management
- Not afraid to “roll up the sleeves” and seek to go outside comfort zone to learn, and pushes the team to do the same
The pay range for this position is $113600.00 - $193400.00 / Year with the opportunity to earn additional compensation pursuant with the Company’s bonus plan. Exact pay will be based on factors including but not limited to relevant education qualifications certifications experience level shift geographic location and business and organizational needs. Visit our Benefits and Career Development page:https://careers.ulta.com/careers/about-us/benefits-and-career-development
At Ulta Beauty (NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring—hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.