Sales Engineer Associate
** This is a remote position for US candidates based in the Eastern or Central Time Zone.
**Business-level proficiency in Spanish is required for this position.
Kintone is a global leader in the no-code custom software revolution. Recognized in Forrester’s Wave and Gartner’s Magic Quadrant as a leader in the space, Kintone is making teamwork better with the best software and methods for improving teamwork.
Kintone empowers and inspires anyone to build and deploy sophisticated custom database applications within a powerful collaboration environment that offers automated workflow and granular permission controls, rapidly, and often with no coding necessary.
Over 20,000 clients globally, including Whole Foods, Volvo, and Japan Airlines, use Kintone to build and run over 500,000 team-focused custom business applications, adding over 1,000 new apps daily, on the platform, leveraging intelligent dashboard reporting and automated notifications to make their teamwork more efficient and effective for greater team happiness and synergy.
With US headquarters in San Francisco, Kintone is part of Cybozu Inc.(4776: Tokyo Stock Exchange), Japan's #1 collaboration and office productivity software provider for the past 10+ years and has global offices throughout Japan and in China, Vietnam, and Australia.
A progressive, employee-centric company, Cybozu is an equal opportunity employer who is reinventing work culture and flexible workstyles both with its products and leading HR policies.
Sales Engineers at Kintone are involved in all stages of the customer’s development lifecycle and are comfortable using presentations, email, phone and social media to connect with customers. We are looking for team players who can create sales presentations and product demonstrations to prospects, customers, and partners (everyone from developers to project managers to C-level executives) on the best ways to build and deploy applications on Kintone for their teams.
Sales Engineers at Kintone are passionate evangelists of the product, empathize with customers’ business needs, and quickly discern technical challenges by asking detailed and clarifying questions and presenting solutions that solve those needs.
Our ideal candidate has the rare combination of technical savviness and business acumen and is looking for a career that can utilize both. As a Sales Engineer at Kintone, you will hone these skills by advising a diverse set of customers and partners on what is possible using Kintone’s platform.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the sales team in helping prospects and partners understand what is possible on the Kintone platform;
- Understand business requirements and communicate the value of solving business problems using cloud technology;
- Build and deliver proofs of concept (POCs) to prospects or customers with sophisticated use cases, collaborating with other Kintone sales engineering and system consulting team members as needed;
- Estimate a scope of work to use when creating custom pricing;
- Prepare specification documents to pass implementation details on to system consulting team;
- Create content to show partners how to implement specific requirements or best practices for building and deploying applications and solutions on Kintone;
- Clearly distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Sales.
Expected Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Business-level Spanish language proficiency
- A deep passion to serve the customer, and customer-facing experience in doing so;
- An ability to quickly communicate sophisticated ideas clearly to all audiences, technical or not, operators and C-level execs;
- Experience with APIs (particularly RESTful API) and familiarity with standard network security protocols (OAuth, SAML);
- Fabulous communicator, great team player, engaged citizen;
- Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience;
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, or a comparable field, or graduation from a top coding academy is preferred;
- 2-3 years of work experience.
Additional Desirable Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- Familiarity with back-end (Java, Python, PHP, Database) development
- Japanese language
Kintone provides great benefits for employees’ health, personal growth, and team building, including:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- 401(K) with match
- Flexible PTO
- Company provided gear & swags
- Education/Training support
- Social events support
- Remote Workstyle
- Work from Home Stipend
Our Company Culture
As technology continues to shape the way we work, there are more opportunities for teams small and large to drive meaningful impact in their organizations and communities. While Kintone sells application building software to accelerate innovation and problem solving at organizations, we are a company of impact makers challenging the place of corporations in society and what it takes to build great teamwork.
You can read more here: https://cybozu.co.jp/en/company/