Master Data Management Squad Lead
As a Master Data Management [MDM] Squad Lead, you blend expertise in data and analytics with a passion for mastering critical data of the firm. As the product owner you are the end-to-end gatekeeper of the squad mission, strategy, and tactical execution associated with delivering on strategic MDM priorities. In an agile structure, you will partner with other Fidelity leaders to influence the broader strategic decisions, roadmaps, and resource requirements, set and refine the mission, and bring together a team of chapter members to execute on specific product features and ensure respective products or services are available, stable, performant, and supported when required and related cost and maintenance is managed. You will ensure alignment on the “what” and “when” work is to be performed through ongoing planning and prioritization of a product backlog. You will enable squad members to work iteratively, innovate through testing and experimentation and learn from failures while celebrating success. You are committed to developing your own expertise and knowledge to ensure you bring the latest thinking to your role.
The Expertise And Skills You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree
- Product Owner certification, preferred
- 5-10 years of prior work experience, preferably in product-centric role(s) focused on data and analytics delivery
- Prior data leadership experience preferred (MDM focus)
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining dynamic products and solutions
- Financial services experience, preferred
- Agile experience
- Jira and Jira Align experience, preferred
- You take a data-focused approach to understanding customer needs, translate strategic objectives into action, and prioritize to improve value delivered
- You grasp sophisticated product features and break them into clear and concise stories with well-defined business value and acceptance criteria and effectively communicate these
- You have a strong focus on execution and identify, communicate, and remove impediments to progress
- You are capable of leading, influencing, and motivating colleagues without formal authority, and have a track record of building impactful teams
- You continuously improve and encourage an agile way of working
- You establish and maintain unquestioning relationships as you work collaboratively across Fidelity to deliver business outcomes and seek out the expertise of colleagues to advise on your approach
- You are intellectually curious and model a culture of continuous learning, mentoring, and coaching
- You have or are committed to developing a balance of technology and non-technology skills in order to fully appreciate the broad needs of our customers
- You have demonstrated skills in product development, user research, and competitive analysis
- You have proven leadership and delivery experience in one or multiple of: cloud data transformation, analytical product development, business intelligence and insights, advanced analytics, and artificial intelligence
You work in partnership with your Tribe Leader, other Squad Leaders, Scrum Master, and Chapter Leaders aligned to your squad. By demonstrating and promoting Fidelity and agile leadership behaviors, you sustain and evolve our innovative agile culture.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Colorado only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in New York City, Westchester County, NY and Jersey City, NJ only:
$130,000 - $174,000 per year
This position is eligible for incentive compensation or an annual bonus opportunity.
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in California only:
Please see below for the salary range for work locations in Washington only:
Fidelity Investments is a privately held company with a mission to strengthen the financial well-being of our clients. We help people invest and plan for their future. We assist companies and non-profit organizations in delivering benefits to their employees. And we provide institutions and independent advisors with investment and technology solutions to help invest their own clients’ money.
At Fidelity, you’ll find endless opportunities to build a meaningful career that positively impacts peoples’ lives, including yours. You can take advantage of flexible benefits that support you through every stage of your career, empowering you to thrive at work and at home. Honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, we have been recognized by our employees as a Best Place to Work in 2023. And you don’t need a finance background to succeed at Fidelity—we offer a range of opportunities for learning so you can build the career you’ve always imagined.
At Fidelity, our goal is for most people to work flexibly in a way that balances both personal and business needs with time onsite and offsite through what we’re calling “Dynamic Working”. Most associates will have a hybrid schedule with a requirement to work onsite at a Fidelity work location for at least one week, 5 consecutive days, every four weeks. These requirements are subject to change.
We invite you to Find Your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com.
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com, or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 3.
At Fidelity, we value honesty, integrity, and the safety of our associates and customers within a heavily regulated industry. Certain roles may require candidates to go through a preliminary credit check during the screening process. Candidates who are presented with a Fidelity offer will need to go through a background investigation and may be asked to provide additional documentation as requested. This investigation includes but is not limited to a criminal, civil litigations and regulatory review, employment, education, and credit review (role dependent). These investigations will account for 7 years or more of history, depending on the role. Where permitted by federal or state law, Fidelity will also conduct a pre-employment drug screen, which will review for the following substances: Amphetamines, THC (marijuana), cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine.