VP - IT Technical Learning and Readiness
Why IT at GM Financial?
GM Financial is the wholly owned captive finance subsidiary of General Motors and is headquartered in Fort Worth, U.S. We are a global provider of auto finance solutions, with operations in North America, South America and the Asia Pacific region. Through our long-standing relationships with auto dealers, we offer attractive retail financing and lease programs to meet the needs of each customer. We also offer commercial lending products to dealers to help them finance and grow their businesses.
Our Purpose: We pioneer the innovations that move and connect people to what matters
The VP IT Technical Learning and Readiness role will lead the strategy, design and development of GMF's IT technical readiness, skills development, and learning and career development. This role will collaborate across GMF, IT leaders, HR COE's, HRBPs, technology vendors in the delivery to develop strategic plans and develop programs and solutions that will meet global IT talent technical competency needs.
About the Role:
- Partner with GMF, IT leaders, business leaders, strategic technology vendors in defining and building full stack technology curriculums, through learning journeys, required to meet technical competencies targets and success criteria Learning journeys will consist of inputs from coaching, training, COE or COP engagement, and architecture alignment
- Implement industry standards and technical advancements in attracting and retaining IT talent from a variety of talent pools / pipelines (local technical schools, programs related to advancements in FinTech)
- Implement assessments of current KSAs within IT teams, and analyze learning data to determine appropriate actions required to achieve agreed upon success criteria in support of continued transformation efforts
- Explore industry standards, technical advancements in determining incentives, mechanisms to drive new adopters of technical competencies in ensuring team members get to the sweet spot in competencies for their current role
- Facilitate discussions with senior leaders on team configuration planning as the team's overall technical development re-skilling.
- Stay abreast of emerging trends (auto-finance, technology, IT, etc), regulatory environment, GM business and talent strategies, and GMF business strategies
- Perform other duties as assigned and conform with all company policies and procedures
What makes you an ideal candidate?
- Demonstrated experience in a progressive cloud based environment with enterprise-wide technology management and acumen across a variety of emerging technology areas
- Ability to teach and train in a large complex multi-national organization with exceptional coaching and mentoring, especially at the executive level
- Exceptional analytical, written and presentation skills to distil complex problems into easy bite sized chunks
- Ability to lead and coach technical and non-technical team members within a rich technology environment
- Must be able to facilitate using a variety of facilitation techniques based upon the stakeholders involved
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7-10 years of corporate or institutional experience in IT leadership or consulting and training facilitation required
- 7-10 years as a practicioner in a multifaceted modern technology enviroment, agile preferred
What We Offer : Generous benefits package available on day one to include: 401K matching, bonding leave for new parents (12 weeks, 100% paid), tuition assistance, training, GM employee auto discount, community service pay and nine company holidays.
Our Culture: Our team members define and shape our culture. We have an environment that welcomes new ideas, fosters integrity, and creates a sense of community and belonging. Here we do more than work — we thrive.
Compensation: Competitive salary and bonus eligibility; this role is eligible for company vehicle program
Work Life Balance: Flexible hybrid work environment, 3-days a week in office