Associate Director, Manufacturing Process Optimization, Cloud Engineer
Our Company's Digital Manufacturing Division is focused on enabling manufacturing facilities with purposeful innovation and sustainable value through the delivery and support of seamless digital capabilities
Key Responsibilities Relevant To The Role
- Design, develop & manage all infrastructure, environments and application stacks leveraging agile, DevOps, MLOps & IaC frameworks with Well architected Framework to have design considerations & coverage along key pillars of Operational Excellence, Security, Reliability, Performance Efficient, Cost Optimization & Sustainability.
- Develop, support, and manage ingest, transform, contextualization, data augmentation & analytics pipelines from all structured data sources from Mantis datamarts or direct sources.
- Develop, support, and manage ingest, transform, contextualization, reconciliation, real-time batch tracking & analytics on real-time PI data from StreamBase or AWS connector.
- Develop, support & manage harmonized data models, process data analytics associated with sites/sources & associated data warehousing & storage infrastructure for all process & structure data to enable end user reject analytics dashboards.
- Develop, support & manage inline data integrity & observability framework for all process data analytics pipelines.
- Develop, support & manage volume data sync framework at site network level across current & future sites along with cloud architecture associated with offloading & replication of data across environments.
- Develop, support & manage volume image data ingest, processing, metadata management, batch tacking pipelines for successful processing & tracking of images across sites & machines.
- Develop support & manage core data infrastructure DynamoDB - NoSQL key Value store & OpenSearch - Search & analytics suite to support real-time analytics architecture.
- Develop support & manage Model Deployment, Model Inference, Model Monitoring & Model Lifecycle management pipelines & frameworks at scale to support high concurrency orchestration demand of the platform.
- Support and manage data models & Lifecyle of all AI/ML consumption apps and underlying elastic container orchestration platform.
- Setup, support & manage existing & evolving AI/ML model development infrastructure, environments, model registries & model lifecycle management framework.
- Develop, support & manage evolution of observability & notification frameworks for AI/ML platform.
Additional broad responsibilities as a function of the role for developing & managing Modern Cloud architectures within product line:
- Responsible for the evaluation of cloud strategy and program architecture
- Responsible for gathering requirements working together with application architects and owners.
- Responsible for generating scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources.
- Discover standard cloud services offerings, install, and execute processes and standards for optimal use of cloud service provider offerings.
- Stays well-informed of failures and complications related to a cloud offering.
- Responsible for debugging technical issues inside a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices … etc.
- Collaborates with the engineering teams to enable their applications to run on cloud infrastructure.
- Designs and builds infrastructure services, systems and platforms.
- Develops tools, automation and monitors to operate infrastructure efficiently.
- Works in a fast-paced environment and is responsible for end-to-end production environment by responding to performance and reliability issues, including participating on rotational on-call.
- Participates in POCs and vendor engagement to validate technologies feasibility and viability to business.
- Performs preventive and corrective maintenance and provides technical support as required, including system diagnostics, monitoring and health check.
- Helps improve the whole lifecycle of infrastructure services from inception to deployment, user support and refinement.
- Provides regular report on infrastructure performance statistics and inventory.
- Conducts annual security testing on infrastructure, execute disaster recovery and business continuity test plans.
- Designs, implements and maintains data pipelines through different data layers (ingest, data transformation, reporting
- Schedules data pipeline activities, defines data storage structures and manage data storage.
- Defines security & Optimizes performance & advises on the Ways of Working on Data Analytics projects.
- Understands the business meaning of data and reflects data concepts in data transformation.
- Assists with design of complex reports as data engineering SME.
- Discovers opportunities for data acquisition & gathers and processes raw data at scale.
- Conducts the processing and cleaning up of data sets.
- Recommends and implements ways to improve data reliability, quality and freshness.
- AWS - Compute, Storage, Analytics, BI
- Microservices Architecture & Containerization
- MLOps, Model Lifecycle Mgmt.
- DevOps, Automation, CICD, IaC Frameworks & Agile development
- Data Lake & Warehousing Frameworks
- Strong Problem Solving & Troubleshooting & Communication Skills
- AWS Cloud: AWS Glue Framework, Apache Spark, Step Functions, Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, EC2, Kinesis, IoT Core, IoT Greengrass, Amazon SageMaker Ecosystem, ECS, ECR, DataSync, RDS, Redshift, IAM, SNS, SQS, CloudFormation, AWS QuickSight, AWS DataLake Formation,
- Programming: Python, NodeJS, SQL, shell scripting
- Analytics/Big Data: AWS SageMaker ecosystem, Jupyter Notebooks
- DevOps: Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform, CloudFormation, Git
Additional Preferred Skills
- Knowledge of Vision Systems, Automated Inspection Machine algorithms.
- Artificial Intelligence-Machine Learning-Deep Learning, Other modeling tools and data analytics capabilities.
- Experience with System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), experience working in regulated & GxP environments.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or associated field
- Min 10+ years of experience working in IT, Development & Cloud Platform domains.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separationpackage, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as customer-facing commercial, or research-based roles, will be expected to comply not only with Company policy but also with policies established by such external stakeholders (for example, a requirement to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to access a facility or meet with stakeholders). Please understand that, as permitted by applicable law, if you have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 and an essential function of your job is to call on external stakeholders who require vaccination to enter their premises or engage in face-to-face meetings, then your employment may pose an undue burden to business operations, in which case you may not be offered employment, or your employment could be terminated. Please also note that, where permitted by applicable law, the Company reserves the right to require COVID-19 vaccinations for positions, such as in Global Employee Health, where the Company determines in its discretion that the nature of the role presents an increased risk of disease transmission.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US And Puerto Rico Residents Only
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Know Your Rights
EEOC GINA Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
U.S. Hybrid Work Model
Effective September 5,2023 our U.S. Hybrid work model will be as follows: 1. Three total days on site per week: Tuesday and Wednesday – plus one additional day of choice based on what works best for organizations and/or teams. 2. Fridays will formally be a remote-working day unless business critical tasks require onsite presence.
Under New York City, Colorado State, Washington State, and California State law, the Company is required to provide a reasonable estimate of the salary range for this job. Final determinations with respect to salary will take into account a number of factors, which may include, but not be limited to the primary work location and the chosen candidate’s relevant skills, experience, and education.
Expected Salary Range
$130,960.00 - $206,200.00
Available benefits include bonus eligibility, health care and other insurance benefits (for employee and family), retirement benefits, paid holidays, vacation, and sick days. For Washington State Jobs, a summary of benefits is listed here.
Learn more about your rights, including under California, Colorado and other US State Acts
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Rahway, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme LLC, Rahway, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements
1st - Day
Valid Driving License