As a Solutions Consultant at New Relic, you can optimize your blend of technical knowledge, customer-facing abilities, and teamwork skills in a rewarding role! Working directly with Commercial customers, you will partner multi-functional across the go to market organization and sales team to show the value of our Digital Intelligence Platform to prospects and customers. You will nurture New Relic’s strategic direction and vision, as well as promote and support new product directions on behalf of your customers.
You will be customer-obsessed to ensure our customers become lifelong proponents of the New Relic platform and will help achieve this with outstanding relationship-building skills, experience solving technical problems in real-time, and ultimately be a trusted advisor and solution architect!
What you'll do
- Support the Commercial Sales team with opportunity qualification, demonstrations, Proof of Value presentations (POV), RFP responses, and business justification in a presales capacity.
- Lead all aspects of the adoption, optimization, and integration of New Relic’s products within customers’ business infrastructure
- Be a joint partner with Sales to identify revenue opportunities through the upsell of new services and contract renewals
- Voice support for new product features & provide customer feedback to New Relic product management and engineering groups
- Maintain a deep understanding of the customer’s business as well as their technical environment
- As this is a field-based role you will need to enjoy some travel, extensive travel opportunities for those that want to.
This role requires
- 5+ years of pre-sales experience within the software industry
- 3+ years of demonstrated pre-sales experience working with complex customers
- Strong technical background and sales/customer orientation
- A desire to learn new technologies
- An interest in or previous experience of performance monitoring tools (infrastructure, application, web or mobile, user experience)
- Fluent in English
Bonus points if you have
- Familiarity in one or more of the following development languages – Java, .Net, Ruby, C, Python, Node.js
- Exposure to and/or interest in cloud technologies: Kubernetes, containers, microservices, DevOps, CI/CD
- Background in mobile device platforms & architectures (IOS & Android)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent desirable
We're looking for bold and passionate people to be a part of our mission to help every engineer do their best work, every day, using data, not opinions, at every stage of the software lifecycle. We'd love to have you apply, even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement. What's most important to us is finding authentic and accountable people who feel connected to our mission and values, not just candidates who check off all the boxes.
We believe in empowering all Relics to achieve professional and business success through a workforce model called Flex First. Flex First allows us to work in a variety of workplaces that best support our success, including fully office-based, fully remote, or hybrid.
Read more about Flex First.
Our hiring process
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
In compliance with applicable law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work and to complete employment eligibility verification. Note: Our stewardship of the data of thousands of customers’ means that a criminal background check is required to join New Relic.
We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records based on individual circumstances and in accordance with applicable law including, but not limited to, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. New Relic does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with New Relic.
New Relic is an equal opportunity employer. We eagerly seek applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to race, color, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical abilities (or disability), age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Estimated On-Target Earnings Range: $ 163000 - $ 204000
The pay range above represents a reasonable estimate of the on target earnings (salary plus target sales incentives) for the listed position. This role is eligible for a commission plan (as defined in the sales incentive plan document) and a competitive equity package. Pay within this range varies by work location and may also depend on job-related factors such as an applicant’s skills, qualifications, and experience.
New Relic provides a variety of benefits for this role, including healthcare, dental, vision, parental leave and planning, mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, flex time-off, 11 paid holidays, volunteer time off, a discounted employee stock purchase plan, and other competitive benefits designed to improve the lives of our employees.
Wage - midpoint
Wage - minimum