As a principal architect within Starbucks Technology, you lead the architecture development for global IT solutions for multiple domains. Principal Architects are the senior EA leader for their respective capability areas and are accountable for the conversion of business need into architectures and designs. As a senior member of the architecture community, you will lead the development of best practices, process improvement, and champion architecture principles for all of Starbucks Technology’s Global Solutions.
We are seeking an experienced technology leader focusing on enterprise architecture in the across multiple domains including HR, learning & development, and employee experience technologies. This role will partner with leaders across the HR, Retail, and Technology teams to set the strategy and architecture direction for the next generation of solutions supporting our critical talent and employee experiences.
An ideal person for this job is a dynamic technology evangelist that regularly challenges the status quo and leads by our Starbucks’ people-first culture. You have a relentless pursuit for excellence, ability to partner collaboratively, and exemplify leadership, partnership, and has a bias for action. You must be a courageous leader who is comfortable with ambiguity and can lead through behavioral and structural transformation.
Summary Of Key Responsibilities
Future State Planning and Road-mapping
- Develops multi domain and enterprise-based capability views, strategies, architectures and roadmaps
- Advise functional and technology leaders in defining priorities, key initiatives, and organizational alignment
- Evaluate industry and technology trends, determine applicability to Starbucks and translate into Starbucks specific strategies
Concept and Business Case Development
- Partners with business capability and technology service owners across domains and the enterprise to develop a concept from ideation through business case
- Assesses the value and impact of concepts and emerging technologies by leading opportunity assessments and proofs-of-concept thru partnership with stakeholders across multiple domains and enterprise programs
- Assist in development of proposals for enterprise strategy development based on environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases, and risk
Solution Design and Facilitation
- Partner with leadership to assess business case for readiness for design across multiple domains and the enterprise
- Develop multiple domain and enterprise solution options across business, information, and technology domains
- Facilitate architectural design and on-going change request approvals for programs across multiple domains
Manage program and architectural interdependencies between programs across multiple domains and the enterprise
- Facilitating the understanding and adoption of the solution architectures with the capability and service teams
- Maintain architecture artifacts across the business, information, technology, and security architectural domains
Policy Definition and Governance
- Evaluate technology and business changes across multiple domains and enterprise programs for policy impacts
- Govern enterprise solution architectures against defined principles, policies, and reference architectures
- Prepares, champions and educates teams on changes in policies and practices across multiple domains
- Develops partners indirectly thru coaching and mentoring
- Assist in development of strategic and operational plans for the work group
- Supports EA managers in promoting a successful attitude, confidence in leadership, and teamwork
- Lead in design and shape of programs across multiple domains and the enterprise to introduce strategic technology transformation and change including assisting on development of business case
- Lead, coordinate, and facilitate cross-functional team members (business and technology) in activities related to architecture as part of the strategic program
- Works with IT PMO, business, and IT to ensure work necessary to achieve strategic programs are included in the Information Technology portfolio and prioritized appropriately
- Demonstrate functional and business knowledge for multiple domain and enterprise context
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide consulting, guidance, and recommendations
- Continuous development of domain knowledge in both the industry and the Starbucks enterprise
- Demonstrates accountability, makes timely and appropriate decisions on programs and multiple domains
- Takes calculated risks and challenges the status quo on programs and across multiple domains
- Develops partnerships and influences others both directly and indirectly
- Motivate and collaborate to create a team environment and enable team-based fulfillment of objectives
- Provides coaching, direction and leadership support to team members in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
- Overall IT experience - 15 years
- Variety of technical environments, Systems/ application development experience - 10 years
- Architecture experience - 7 years
- Functional and Systems modeling - 10 years
- Indirect People Development - 10 years
- Business process and System design - 10 years
- Strategic planning - 4 years
- Financial analysis & business planning - 7 years
- Running technology proof-of-concepts - 10 years
- Deep understanding of HR, IT, learning & development, enterprise collaboration, and employee experience capabilities
- Proficiency in data analytics, leveraging data to drive insights and improve engagement.
- Familiarity with cloud computing capabilities and its application in HCM.
- Prior experience in performing build vs. buy analysis and vendor evaluations.
- Ability to translate high-level business needs into requirements for an enabling architecture.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.